Smith & Connors is committed to protecting the privacy of its website users. To be as clear as possible, we do not sell data, we do not share data, we only ask for Personal Data if it’s needed to provide a service, and we do not collect information from children under the age of 13.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.smithandconnors.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
on the Website; or
in e-mail, instant messages, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or application operated by us or any third party, including our clients; or
any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is intended for adults 18 years of age and older and is thus not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or post any information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not (i) use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features, (ii) register on the Website, (iii) make any purchases through the Website, (iv) use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or (v) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect
The types of Personal Data we collect from website visitors is that voluntarily entered into our forms that users submit to get in touch about a project or to sign up to receive our email newsletters. Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are:
- first name
- last name
- email address
We can also access some non-identifying basic information from server logs and third party applications. This includes:
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as internet protocol address and your geographic location; and/or
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details; and/or
- total number of visitors, pages viewed, and general usage of the site.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when contacting us, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Cookies, Other Technologies, and Third-party Data Collection
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
This information helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Click Tracking. Click tracking is a tool used to determine and record what a user clicks on while browsing through the Website. Our Website may use click tracking to conduct market research and software testing.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
From time to time, we may use your Personal Data that you have provided to us to send email messages to respond to any emails or other communications you send to us or to advise you of any problems with our Website.
We do not share Personal Data with anyone outside of our organization. Smith & Connors may use non-identifying basic information (aggregate data) to analyze site usage and to improve the content and design of the site.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Smith & Connors’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Smith & Connors about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Smith & Connors, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies. For purposes of advertising and other behavioral tracking, our systems recognize “do not track” signals from your browser. However, the Website may still utilize cookies even if you have enabled Do not Track in your browser, in order to track session data that is critical to the Website’s functionality, such as verifying a user’s identity.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may opt out of future e-mails by following the “unsubscribe” process at the bottom of the promotional email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
We and our partners have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. These include the use of SSL encryption, administrative access level controls, and employee training.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website, submitted by you, information gathered about you, or information stored by us. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, if we have your email address, we may notify you by email. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please email us at [email protected] with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to opt-out of Company’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to [email protected]. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third parties (if any) to whom we have disclosed personal information for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an e-mail to: [email protected]. Requests via written mail, telephone, or facsimile will not be accepted. The e-mail subject line and the content of your request must include the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights,” and include your name and e-mail address. Please allow 30 days to receive a response to your inquiry.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Personal Data
GOOGLE ANALYTICS (GOOGLE INC.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
CONTACTING THE USER (THIS WEBSITE)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Website to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name, last name, and customized message provider by the User.
MAILING LIST OR NEWSLETTER (THIS WEBSITE)
By registering on the MailChimp mailing list or for the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature concerning this Website. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Website. You may remove yourself from the mailing list at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link in the footer of any newsletter, or you can send us an email to be manually removed from the list.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name, and last name.
The Rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
While Smith & Connors takes appropriate measures to ensure information is protected, nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of information on the site. Smith & Connors is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to such security failures. You understand that unauthorized third parties may access data and communications, including email, when communicated via the Internet. Smith & Connors’s website includes links to other websites. Smith & Connors cannot ensure the privacy practices of other such sites.
How to Contact Smith & Connors
Smith & Connors reserves the right to change this policy at any time and will post and highlight any changes at this site.
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Smith & Connors, LLC
1513 SE 42nd Ave, Portland, OR 97215
Owner contact email: [email protected]