Senior Front-End Developer (Contract)
About The Role
We are looking for a senior front-end developer to develop and manage the details of our website projects with our Director of Technology, Creative Director, Strategy Director, Designers, and Developers.
You might be the right fit for this role if you:
- Have strong knowledge of both the design and development processes.
- Are excited to manage projects.
- Are extremely organized, detail-oriented, and fastidious about QA.
- Love to work collaboratively, and are comfortable leaving your ego at the door and putting the work and client first.
- Take initiative and think beyond the checklist about the nuances of complex teams and projects.
- Are open to critique and feedback, and learning from the team.
A strong candidate will have worked on or architected projects using the following tools/languages:
- PHP / WordPress, Drupal and/or other CMS platforms
- Accessible constructs
- Technical specifications
- Schema markup
- Deployment solutions
- React / Gatsby
- Pattern Lab
- SVG animations
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Frontend and backend development for multiple website projects.
- Strategically manage studio PM tools, such as Harvest, Monday.com, Trello, Google Sheets + Docs, etc.
- Facilitate the vision of the Partners/Directors as the quality control police.
- Work closely with the Technology Director on managing projects and developers.
What you'll achieve with us:
- Elevate organizations on a mission.
- Deliver iconic brands.
- Create beautiful websites with stellar user experiences and admin ease.
- 5+ years of experience working within a design or development agency. Solid agency experience is a requirement.
- Website development experience showing high quality front-end development and backend work product in WordPress and other CMS platforms.
- Multidisciplinary production experience – must have successfully produced/managed web design and development projects from discovery through execution.
- A command of leading PM tools.
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Assurance best practices.
Contract hourly rate:
Hourly rates are dependent on experience and will range between $75 and $100/hour.
We are a brand-focused strategy, design, and website development studio. Our work encompasses brand identity, graphics, websites, branded environments, and communications. The Partners / Directors work directly with clients across disciplines to produce exceptional strategies and assets for our purpose-driven organizations and businesses. We have extremely high standards, employ a collaborative design approach, and run a fast-paced environment. Our ethos: humanity, honesty, directness, clarity, and quality.
Smith + Connors specifically seeks diverse perspectives and ideas among design candidates. We are an inclusive studio committed to equity and diversity. This is an equal employment opportunity open to applicants within the United States.
- We are a fully remote team and are open to all US locations.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
You must submit a cover letter including the following:
- Tell us about yourself, your experience, and why you’re interested in applying for this position.
- Let us know if you have specific compensation requirements.